Thursday, April 15, 2010

Editing Birthdays

Today my brother turned 15. On Monday my sister turns 21. The older my siblings get the older I feel. I have four younger siblings and I can remember them being younger. Not losing the baby fat, or voice changes, or dating, or anything that comes with being older. This aging thing seems to get going way to fast.

I mean 15 years old. I remember when he was born. It doesn’t seem like it was that long ago he was 8. Goodness.

I finished reading my assigned stories. I’ve edited them pretty thoroughly and have written out what I think needs to be changed. I have to go through what I’ve written to make it helpful and tactful. I don’t want to insult them or make anyone upset. So I need to get that done by tonight or mid-day tomorrow.
The pieces I read were pretty good. There were a couple of things that I didn’t believe fit into the story or I feel they missed quite a bit. Two confused me. One of those seemed like the writer wrote it just before it was due and didn’t go over it at all. The other two weren’t too bad. They had a couple of unnecessary facts that made me question at the end why it was there.

Overall they were interesting and I hope that they will be able to edit their pieces. I would like to see how they come about after the student responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment