Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cleaning Out The Pages

I did some spring cleaning today. Everything just felt dirty, but now my room feels better. The dust was killer on my allergies especially if I put my hands near my face. I hate dealing with the itchy face and watery eyes, but it was worth it.

While I was cleaning I went through my stack of notebooks and papers that I keep together. They all contain stories that I’ve started, but never have gotten around to finish (I love writing in plan school notebooks). I always get a great idea and start writing something that “I swear I’m going to finish this time.” Then a week later I’ve thought of another great idea and start on something else. After four notebooks of this I dedicated a page to my story ideas. I would write down the plot that I had thought of and how I wanted it to go. But I wouldn’t start it. Instead I would work on the previous story.

I noticed as I was going through my stories that they all had to do with romance. Which it a little weird since I’ve never been much of a romance reader. I love science fiction books. Dragons, magic, wars, heroes, gods, and everything that makes up a new world that is exciting. Yet when I write it’s always a romance. Maybe it’s the girl in me. I don’t know, but they always seem to come easier. I do enjoy re-reading things that I’ve written. They may not be the most amazing thing that I’ve put on paper, but it makes me happy to see that I wrote something. Of course I critique every little line and edited it even though I might not ever finish it.

I’ll have to pull them out again soon and pick one that I would like to see have an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment