Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Editing Libraian

I’m looking over the class requirements for an English degree. Whew it’s quite a bit of hard classes but at the same time it’s not. I also looked up Library Science because I was thinking about becoming a librarian. I’m still not positive this is what I want to do and I should probably find something soon.

I went with my mother shopping for curtains and birthday gifts for my brother. We stopped by Borders and walking in I took the deepest breath. I love the smell of books whether they are old are new. They just smell amazing. I could just smell and be surrounded by books all day. That’s partly the reason I’ve thought about becoming a librarian. Of course the reason why I started seriously looking into it would be because of a character in movie. I feel weird when I say that, but she took a lot of the things I like and put them into play.

I started editing my assigned pieces today. Not a lot since I spent time with mom and shopping with her is exhausting. But I got a small start. The first one is interesting and a little confusing, but I think that is because it is only a chapter of a longer piece. I’ll have to read some more before my family and I celebrate my brother’s birthday. I don’t want to wait until the last minute. As a writer I know the anticipation and worry of waiting for a critique on your own work. I don’t want to hold them in suspense too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment