Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Night Thoughts

First off I read my post from Wednesday and wow could it get more I-pity-myself. I guess that’s what happens when you write out your train of thought. Which I love doing. Oh well.

Next week we start to get our reviews for our stories. I have to say that I’m really nervous. That last one I turned it I had a bit of confidence in. I believe that it is one of my best written pieces. So I was nervous about that one but this one is a lot worse. I think it’s because I know that it needs work. It’s a story set in a place that I have made up completely and still so not fully understand. I’m super nervous but am curious to see what my classmates and teacher think of the piece.

I bought some new songs on Saturday. I was tired of the playlist I have and wanted to get some new tunes. I bought this song by the girl Lesley Roy called “Dead But Breathing.” It’s a great song. I have a weak spot for pianos and I love how the piano plays throughout the song. I was listening to the song right after I bought it and realized that if I had written my story “You are My Drug” differently it would have been this song. Instead of forgiving her love she told him that she could handle it anymore and wanted to break up. It fit so perfectly which I found funny. I’d never heard this song before and yet it held all the emotion that I want my story to hold.

This weekend I have to finish King Lear, retake a test, and finish homework for the retake test class. I have two days but I feel like I need a week. I can’t wait for this week to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment